Monday, June 18, 2012

GOOOAAALLLSSS!!

I'm terrible at coming up with writing goals and keeping them. I mean, I can think of them in abstract, but never anything specific. "I want to write a book one day" isn't the same as "I will start writing a novel next week." That being said, I have a list of writing goals in my brain. I'm going to write them down so that I might actually do them. 
  • Finish short story that's due June 30.
  • Edit novelette and send it to publication by July 31.
  • In the rest of July, rewrite "finished" short stories so they're more likely to be published.
  • August: FINISH WRITING ONE OF MY NOVELS, DANG IT.
  • After the novel's done, I think I'll work on some of the half-finished short stories collecting dust on my hard drive.
  • Then, maybe edit the novel and start querying agents? (This is the scariest goal, by far.)
That's all my goals for the foreseeable future. Help keep me honest, Internet.

What are some of your goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment