Saturday, September 10, 2011

An actual writing post.

So, just some things.

I finished the dragon flu story that I've been working on.  I'll do one more round of edits before I send it to my critique partner.

Also, I wrote 1,217 words on one novel and 784 words on another.  That's fair.  My word counts are never high.  Like, I can never write 3,000 words in a day like some people I know.  Both of these novels are urban fantasy.  One is just a fairly-serious story with some romance (because I'm a mushy girl), while I refer to the other as my urbfanromcom.  (urban fantasy romantic comedy)  There where points, while I was working on the novels tonight, that I felt emotions.  I write urban fantasy with heart, okay.


The rest of the words belong to a story that came to me in a dream.  I call it the body-hopping, gender-swapping demon story.  It's kind of risqué, so I don't know if I'll ever finish it.  It's sad, really, because the story has a lot of potential.  I blame the whole thing on my sheltered upbringing.  I can kill characters off in all sorts of horrible and violent ways, but sex makes me uncomfortable.  Blarg.


I also added some flesh to the bones of a vague idea I had for a while.  I don't know if I'll ever write that one, either, but it's because I don't know if the idea will become fully actualized.  Only time will tell.


Heh.  At least I'm getting some things done.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment